2021-2022 Catalog

Transferability of CCA Credit

Students who complete an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) degree program at a Colorado public community college have a distinct advantage over other transfer students.

These degrees are designed to transfer into baccalaureate degree programs in Colleges of Liberal Arts and Sciences with junior standing for most majors at Colorado public four-year colleges, if students earn a C grade or better in all courses. Certain majors require essential lower-division prerequisites. Students need to see a Pathway Advisor and consult the transfer guide for assistance in selecting lower-division credits that will apply directly toward the baccalaureate degree. Information on statewide guaranteed courses is available online at http://highered.colorado.gov/Academics/Transfers/gtPathways/default.html. Credit earned through advanced placement, credit for prior learning, correspondence courses, CLEP, and other tested-only credit may not be applicable; the institution to which students transfer will evaluate these credits according to their own policies.

CCA has articulation agreements with many of the private four-year institutions in Colorado as well, and many of these colleges accept 60 to 90 or more credits from CCA. For more information, contact a Pathway Advisor at the CentreTech campus, Administration Building, Room A102 or Lowry Campus West Quad, Room 119.

If students follow the transfer guide for a specific degree program, their courses will apply toward the graduation requirements in their majors. Students who do not complete an AA or AS degree may transfer their credits to four-year colleges on a course-by-course basis. Transfer guides can be found on the Colorado Commission on Higher Education’s website at http://highered.colorado.gov/Academics/Transfers/Students.html.

Note: Some Colorado colleges and universities have special scholarship programs designated for community college students who complete an AA or AS degree. Contact a Pathway Advisor for more information.

To learn more about these opportunities, contact the transfer coordinator or Admissions Office at the chosen institution as soon as possible to start the transfer planning and financial aid process.

Academic Transfer

The associate of arts and associate of science are transferable to most Colorado public and private 4-year baccalaureate degree-granting institutions. Colorado’s agreement between public colleges and universities guarantees that any student who graduates from CCA with an A.A. or A.S. completing 60 credit hours and earning a grade of "C" or better, may transfer to a public baccalaureate program with a liberal arts and sciences major.

Statewide Designated Degree Programs

Start here. Finish there. Students who earn an associate degree at CCA in a designated degree program and who meet admission requirements can transfer to a public Colorado college or university as a junior in that designated field of study.

Guaranteed Course Transfer

Colorado has developed a statewide guaranteed transfer program called “gtPATHWAYS.” This program ensures that certain courses at the college are guaranteed to transfer to any public college or university in Colorado as long as the courses are less than 10 years according to CDHE. Students should contact a Pathway Advisor at the earliest opportunity to review appropriate transfer guides.

An AA or AS Degree will Transfer to all Colorado Public Four-Year Colleges and Universities

If you

    • complete your AA or AS degree, including 35 credits of state-guaranteed general education courses (gt pathways), and
    • earn a C grade or better in each course


    • at least 60 hours of your AA/AS degree will transfer completely, upon admission, to a baccalaureate liberal arts and sciences major in Colorado’s public four-year institutions*


    • You are guaranteed to be able to finish your liberal arts and sciences baccalaureate degree in just another 60 hours.

Transfer credits, earned for prior learning, Advanced Placement, correspondence courses, CLEP and other tested-only credit may not apply. The transfer institution will evaluate these credits according to its own policies.

A list of guaranteed majors is available at: http://highered.colorado.gov/Academics/Transfers/gtPathways/programs.pdf.